Are you planning to start your career as a barber in the state of Wyoming? Are you planning to take the Wyoming Board of Cosmetology and Barber exam and are confused about how to prepare for the Wyoming state exam? Prepare for and pass your Wyoming state exam for barbers before you work in your new career.
This article will help you learn the details of the Wyoming Board of Cosmetology and Barbers exam, and you will also learn the process involved in license renewal in the state of Wyoming.
The Steps Involved in Taking the Wyoming State Board of Barbers Exam
STEP 1: VERIFY YOUR ELIGIBILITY
The initial step you have to take is to check your eligibility to apply for the Wyoming state board exam. Candidates must be at least 16 years of age. It is required to complete the minimum practical working hours to be eligible to apply for the exam.
- 2000 hours for a Cosmetology license.
- 1200 hours for a Hairstylist License.
- 600 hours for an Esthetician license.
- 125 hours for a Waxing license.
- 400 hours for a Nail Technician license.
- Cosmetology License + 1000 Hours for a Cosmetology Instructor license.
STEP 2: APPLY FOR THE WYOMING STATE BOARD OF BARBERS EXAM
Once you know that you are eligible to apply for the Wyoming state board of barbers exam, the next step is to enroll in the exam. To apply, you must fill out the application form on the official website.
Visit the official website of the Wyoming board of cosmetology. In the application and form section, you will find the application you need for the exam. You will have to submit the required documentation for the board to process the application form.
THE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates must have graduated from a recognized barber school by the state, and have an equal amount of working hours.
- You must provide the certification of hours from the state you are coming from.
- If the state does not provide certification of hours, you must submit a notarized copy of your school transcripts.
STEP 3: PAY YOUR FEES
The examination fee details for the Wyoming state board for barbers exam is:
|License Reinstatement Fee||$175|
Note: The fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
STEP 4: SCHEDULING YOUR EXAM
Once the fee payment process is completed, the next step is scheduling your state board barber exam. To schedule the exam you have to visit the student information page to find the exam schedule date and the deadline for registering for the exam.
|EXAM DATES||REGISTRATION DEADLINE|
|May 21, 2023||May 1, 2023|
|July 16, 2023||June 26, 2023|
|September 17, 2023||August 28, 2023|
|November 12, 2023||October 23, 2023|
STEP 5: ON EXAMINATION DAY
Once you have enrolled and scheduled your barber exam, it is time to prepare for the exam. The following are some of the documents you should carry with you on the day of the barber exam:
- Have proof of your legal full name that matches the name on the document.
- All the documents must be original, unexpired, and valid.
- A photo ID issued by the government is required (the photo should match the photo on the admission documents).
- Candidates must have a valid passport.
- They must have a copy of their current license.
The other details that have to be noted on the day of the exam are as follows:
- Personal belongings are not allowed inside the examination room.
- Admission letters based on the details of your application will be provided prior to the candidate.
- Verify the details of your exam prior.
- Follow the seating arrangements accordingly.
STEP 6: TAKE THE EXAM
There are two exams in the Wyoming state board for the barber’s exam:
- Practical exam
- Written exam
The Wyoming state board of barber exam is administered by NIC. The practical exam is around three to four hours long, and it is a hands-on exam. The written exam is approximately 90 minutes and the exam is computer-based.
STEP 7: THE RESULTS ANALYSIS
Once you have completed both the practical and written barber examination, you can check your results. You should have scored at least 75% to pass the licensing procedure. After passing the exam, you are eligible to receive a license from the state of Wyoming.
STEP 8: RECEIVE YOUR WYOMING STATE BOARD FOR BARBERS LICENSE
Once you pass both the practical and written barber exam, you can now verify your license online. To do this, you must visit the official website for license verification. You must enter the required information to limit the search criteria.
To renew your cosmetology license, you must fill out the application with the required information. A personal license requires a renewal fee of $75 every year. There will be a late fee of $30.
To transfer your barber license by endorsement, you must meet the following endorsement requirements set by the board:
- Candidates must have a current license from another state.
- It is required to have an official certification of license from the state.
- Candidates must have a government-issued photo ID.
- Candidates must have a U.S. birth certificate.
- They must have a valid passport.
- Candidates must have passed the practical exam and written exam by the state board.
- Candidates must have at least the minimum practical hours required.
- Applicants must have proof of their one-year work history.
- Candidate must have paid the endorsement fee: $225 (it has to be paid through money order, debit card, or credit card). The fee is non-refundable.
Are you passionate about the beauty industry and interested in becoming a barber? You need to equip yourself with the right guidance if you want to succeed as a barber. Before taking the Wyoming state board of barber exam, it is essential to be aware of the above information.
If you are passionate about becoming a barber take our free practice test and prepare to get a barber’s license in the state of Wyoming.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
HOW DO I GET MY BARBER LICENSE IN WYOMING?
The following are the steps involved in getting a barber’s license in Wyoming:
- Verify your eligibility.
- Apply for the Wyoming state exam for barbers.
- Pay your fees.
- Schedule both the written and practical exams.
- Take the exam and pass.
- Check your exam results.
- Apply and receive your barber’s license in the state of Wyoming.
DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE A LICENSE TO CUT HAIR IN WYOMING?
Yes, in order to work as a barber in the state of Wyoming, you must obtain a license from the Wyoming barber and cosmetology services licensing board.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR THE BARBER EXAM?
You can visit the official website of the Wyoming state board of barber exam. To assist you in effectively preparing for the barber exam, you can also take a free practice test from our website.
IS THE BARBER’S EXAM HARD?
Each person has a different threshold for difficulty. Make sure you are well-prepared and acquire all the necessary abilities to become a successful barber in your state. The only thing you need to do to pass the written and practical tests is to study well.
IS THE BARBER EXAM MULTI-CHOICE?
Yes, the written Wyoming state exam for barbers has multiple choice questions (MCQs) that assess the barber’s understanding of the relevant industry regulations and specialist abilities.
Wyoming State Board of Barber Exam Practice Test
"*" indicates required fields